January 14, 2021
This is a half-day, live, web-based training course introducing FAA certifications, commonly referred to as TCs, STCs, PMAs, and TSOs. The training material is presented from an industry perspective by live, experienced industry experts. Attendees vary from people who are very new to FAA certification to people who have experience but want to expand their knowledge and capabilities.
Drake web-based half-day training is intended to introduce the subjects to attendees. The training is conducted totally online with live instructors. The scheduling of the web training is East Coast 12 PM – 4 PM and West Coast 9 AM – 1 PM. This schedule allows attendees to be available at work for a half day and in training for a half day.
The training will be conducted via WebEx and can be accessed from work or at home via internet. Attendees receive log-on information after sign-up. WebEx sessions are started half an hour in advance of start time for attendee convenience. Attendees receive a PDF file of key slides ahead of time. Attendees may ask limited questions periodically during the session. Attendees receive a training certificate emailed after completion of the session.
Drake does offer private web-based training sessions for individual companies that allow for open discussion to a specific project. Drake can sign an NDA prior to this if required.
BELOW IS A SUMMARY OF THE SEMINAR TOPICS
- WHAT CAN BE FAA CERTIFICATED
- PSCP; THE PROJECT SPECIFIC CERTIFICATION PLAN
- THE PRELIMINARY PHASE
- THE DESIGN & FABRICATION PHASE
- THE GROUND & LAB TEST PHASE
- THE FLIGHT TEST PHASE
- FAA DESIGNEES: DERs DARs ODARs DMIR ODA
- FAA CONFORMITY & FORMS 8130-9 & 8130-3
- THE FAA ORGANIZATIONS: ACO, MIDO, AEG
- OVERVIEW OF FAA REGULATIONS CFR PART 21, 23, 25, 26, 27, 29, 33, 34, 36
- THE INTERNET & FAA PUBLICATIONS
- AIRWORTHINESS CERTIFICATES
- COMPONENT QUALIFICATION TESTING & DO-160 STANDARDS
- INTRODUCTION TO SYSTEM SAFETY ANALYSIS
- INTRODUCTION TO SOFTWARE CLASSIFICATIONS
- A SAMPLE AIRCRAFT MODIFICATION STC PROJECT
- INTRODUCTION TO REQUIRED QUALITY SYSTEMS (PMA)
- COMMON REASONS WHY PROGRAMS FAIL