October 22, 2020
This seminar is a half-day introduction to System Safety Analysis for FAA certification projects. The seminar is intended for individuals that are new to the subject or need a better understanding of the concept from a managerial point of view. Each area of the curriculum is presented at a high level as opposed to “crunching numbers”, but we do expose the attendees to basic fault trees. If you are experienced in reading System Safety Analysis and understanding them, this seminar is probably not for you.
Drake web-based half-day training is intended to introduce the subjects to attendees. The training is conducted totally online with live instructors. The scheduling of the web training is East Coast 12 PM – 4 PM and West Coast 9 AM – 1 PM. This schedule allows attendees to be available at work for a half day and in training for a half day.
The training will be conducted via WebEx and can be accessed from work or at home via internet. Attendees receive log-on information after sign-up. WebEx sessions are started half an hour in advance of start time for attendee convenience. Attendees receive a PDF file of key slides ahead of time. Attendees may ask limited questions periodically during the session. Attendees receive a training certificate emailed after completion of the session.
Drake does offer private web-based training sessions for individual companies that allow for open discussion to a specific project. Drake can sign an NDA prior to this if required.
Here is a list of topics
- WHAT IS A SYSTEM SAFETY ANALYSIS AND WHEN IS IT REQUIRED
- WHAT IS AN AIRCRAFT FUNCTIONAL HAZARDS ASSESSMENT (AFHA)
- WHAT IS A SYSTEM FUNCTIONAL HAZARDS ASSESSMENT (SFHA)
- FAULT TREES (FTAs)
- WHAT IS A FAILURE MODES AND EFFECTS ANALYSIS (FMEA) & RELIABILITY DATABASES
- COMMON CAUSE ANALYSES
- COMMON MODE
- PARTICULAR RISK
- HOW DO ALL THE ABOVE COMBINE INTO A COMPLETE FHA/SSA
- SAMPLE FHA / SSA EFFORT
- FAA REGULATIONS 23.1309 AND 25.1309
- FAA AND INDUSTRY REFERENCE MATERIALS
- INTRODUCTION TO SAE ARP4761A
- RELATIONSHIP OF SSAs AND SAE ARP4754A DEVELOPMENT ASSURANCE LEVELS
- RELATIONSHIP OF SSAs AND DO-254
- COMMON ERRORS AND PITFALLS IN SSAs