March 11, 2021
This is a half-day, live, web-based training course introduction to understanding and the process of obtaining an FAA Conformity Inspection, commonly referred to FAA Forms 8100-1 and 8130-3. Each area of the curriculum is presented at a level appropriate for a person that may be new to the subject. If you are an experienced quality manager this seminar is probably not for you.
Drake web-based half-day training is intended to introduce the subjects to attendees. The training is conducted totally online with live instructors. The scheduling of the web training is East Coast 12 PM – 4 PM and West Coast 9 AM – 1 PM. This schedule allows attendees to be available at work for a half day and in training for a half day.
The training will be conducted via WebEx and can be accessed from work or at home via internet. Attendees receive log-on information after sign-up. WebEx sessions are started half an hour in advance of start time for attendee convenience. Attendees receive a PDF file of key slides ahead of time. Attendees may ask limited questions periodically during the session. Attendees receive a training certificate emailed after completion of the session.
Drake does offer private web-based training sessions for individual companies that allow for open discussion to a specific project. Drake can sign an NDA prior to this if required.
Here is a list of topics.
- What is an FAA Conformity Inspection
- How does an FAA Conformity Inspection differ from a Company Inspection
- Why do we do FAA Conformity Inspections
- Do all items and components in a FAA project get and FAA Conformity Inspection
- How do we determine what items need and FAA Conformity Inspection
- Who is responsible for performing and FAA Conformity Inspection
- How do we get an agreement with the FAA on what needs an FAA Conformity Inspection
- What is the relationship with the project PSCP and CIP
- FAA ACO Office and MIDO Offices involvement
- How is an FAA Conformity Inspection initiated
- What are the normal steps in an FAA Conformity Inspection
- Tracking FAA Conformity Inspections for a project
- What paperwork is involved in an FAA Conformity inspection
- Obtaining FAA Conformity Inspections in foreign countries.
- Pitfalls to avoid in the FAA Conformity Inspection process
- Sample STC project FAA Conformity Inspections